Recommendations for persons > 16 years who test positive for Sars-CoV-2
Remember that you can infect other people. To prevent this, we recommend the following measures:
- Are you feeling ill? Then stay at home and avoid contact with other people until 24 hours after the fever has subsided or until the symptoms have improved.
- Wear a hygiene mask in close contact with other people for at least 5 days after a positive test result.
- Avoid contact with vulnerable persons (e.g. elderly and pregnant women) for 10 days.
- If your condition worsens or you need medical help, first contact your family doctor's office. If this is not available, contact the medical emergency call center (Tel. 061 261 15 15), in emergencies contact the ambulance service (Tel.144).
Special recommendations for children < 16 years who test positive for Sars-CoV-2
- Sick children should stay at home and avoid contact with other people until they have been fever-free (without medication) for at least 24 hours and are in good general health. After that, they can also attend school, kindergarten, or daycare again.
- They should avoid contact with particularly vulnerable persons (e.g. elderly people) for 10 days.
- If the symptoms worsen, the pediatrician or, in an emergency, the University Children's Hospital of Basel (UKBB) should be contacted, Tel. 061 704 12 12.
General protective measures:
- Ventilate indoor spaces several times a day, especially in rooms shared with other people
- Wash or disinfect hands thoroughly on a regular basis
- Cough and sneeze into handkerchief or crook of arm
- Vaccinate according to current recommendations
Information regarding the application for a certificate of recovery can be found here Covid certificate.